Sunday, March 3, 2013

Growing-up 2: Escape from Suburbia


Boring things you have to do when you move out of your parents' house (again):
  • Go grocery shopping
  • Do all your own dishes
  • Do your own laundry
  • Pay your own bills
  • Be in school Nevermind, that's done! (Thank goodness!!)
  • Cook meals for yourself, or else you really will be taking PB&J sandwiches to work every day

Basically, there are a few perks to living at home. Especially when your parents are really awesome and actually save leftovers for you to take to work. But… there are also

Awesome things you can do when you live alone:
  • Pee with the door open
  • Leave dirty dishes in the sink because the only one getting mad at you will be… you
  • Procrastinate from doing the dishes by writing blog entries
  • Clean at 1 am
  • Cook at 1 am
  • Make crafts at 1 am
  • Have dance parties at 1 am
  • Basically, do whatever you want at whatever time you want
  • Fill the fridge and pantry with only your own food
  • Get dressed in the living room while watching TV (you can't judge me because a: it's the warmest room and it's still winter and b: I do what I want!)

What's that you say? Have I already completed one of my New Year's Resolutions? Yes, in fact, I have!

Technically, I'm doing okay on the second resolution, as well, since in February I decided I wanted to try and cut high fructose corn syrup out of my diet as much as possible. My goal for March is to actually get legitimately unpacked, I think. I moved into my apartment over a month ago, and I still have boxes of stuff sitting around. It's a problem! Also, I need to improve my organization, which will help with getting unpacked. Two birds, one stone. That's how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment