Friday, September 14, 2012

Hopefully it's not contagious.


I think I have a terrible case of foot-in-mouth disease. I have become incapable of not saying something insensitive to my friends. For example:

I'm playing Munchkin (a card game. It's super-fun, look it up.) with my friends. I help a friend defeat a monster, but play a card that allows me to steal the levels she would have gained. As she's finishing her turn and marking our points and levels down...
Me: Did you remember to give yourself a level for defeating the monster?
K: *stare* You mean the levels you stole?
Me: *facepalm* Oh, my gosh, I'm so sorry!! I wasn't even thinking!!

Then, just last night, I was watching TV at my friend's house.
A: You know what I'd really like? A CookOut burger.
Me: I had one for dinner!
A: You really think now is the time to share that?!
Me: Oh, sorry!! I wasn't thinking! You could go get one…
A: I'm vegetarian!!
Me: Agh! *shamed*

So, yeah, I just can't win. Maybe I'll just stop talking altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment