Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Is it worth wearing real clothes?

Pop quiz:

Reasons you should wear a stretchy headband:
a) It's a fashionable accessory for your outfit
b) To disguise that your hair hasn't been washed for 3 days
c) You just came from working out, where you needed to keep hair out of your face
d) You want to pretend that you just came from working out so people won't judge your lack of real, adult clothes
e) Just because you wanted to, who cares what anyone else thinks?
My brain tells me that correct answers include a, c, and e.

Follow-up bonus question: Which of those reasons were my basis for wearing a stretchy headband to the grocery store today? (Hint: None of the reasons that should be correct.)

(I mean I guess I shouldn't really care whether people think I've been working out or just haven't showered in 3 days and couldn't be bothered to wear anything more than workout clothes, but I do like to try and pretend to myself that I'm a real, functioning adult human. And part of that consists of convincing myself that other people will believe I'm a responsible adult, who showers and wears real clothes most of the time and gym clothes only when I'm working out, not all the time like socially-acceptable pajamas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment