Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Is weirdness genetic?

Or: My parents are rather strange and twisted

When I was younger, my parents used to sing to my sister and I. Mostly for things like bed time: "Bed time, for Katherine, and Emily!"

Sometimes for bath time: "Bath time, for Katherine, and Emily!"

Occasionally for other things, and sometimes they'd add another verse.

They did on rare occasions sing the original words to the song, but it was only very recently, when I actually watched "The Producers," that I made the connection and thought about exactly how strange it would sound to other people that my parents sang to us to the tune of "Springtime for Hitler."

(Alright, I spent way more time than I should have trying to figure out how to embed this video and start it at a particular time - no thanks to either Youtube or Blogger, because I'm doing everything they say should work and it doesn't seem to... Anyway, just start the video at 52 sec. to get the tune, if you don't already know it!)



(I'll give you a minute to imagine bed times of my youth.) (Also I chose this version because John Barrowman.)

My mom revealed that she was shocked the first time my dad did this. (This is me, making a completely unsurprised face that this was begun by my father.) Of course, that didn't stop her from joining in.

No comments:

Post a Comment