Saturday, January 29, 2011

I was doing so well! And then... failure.

Dear Professional Clarinetists,

I only wish I could play that glissando at the beginning of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue". It gives me chills. Every time. But I think I'll have to settle with wishing - I don't have the time to dedicate any more to practicing enough that I could play that, unfortunately.



Jealously,
Katherine

(Also, apologies to Disney for using their version. But it is an excellent recording!)

*This post is part of the "30 Day Song Challenge". Day 27 is "A song that you wish you could play". I am using the prompts listed here.*


Dear Parents,

I'm sorry. But I do wish you would try not to make such a big deal every time I have to leave after a visit. It makes me feel awful.


Love,
Katherine

*This post is part of the "30 Day Song Challenge". Day 28 is "A song that makes you feel guilty". I am using the prompts listed here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment