Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's my birthday. I'll do what I want.

Attention World:

As it is my birthday, I believe you should all sing "Happy Birthday" to me. That is the song that best describes me today.

Also, those of you who actually know me might be able to get some cake. It's pretty amazing. I even decorated it. (But you can't judge my decorating skills, because I'm not a professional.)

I await your congratulations on my successful completion of another year.

With anticipation,
Katherine

PS- I considered taking this more seriously, and actually finding a song that I feel describes me (some contenders were Meredith Brooks's "Bitch", Erin McCarley's "Pony (It's OK)", India Arie's "Video", Kate Earl's "Melody", "I Have Confidence" from "The Sound of Music", something by Five for Fighting, something by Glorydive, something by Sara Bareilles, or something by Train). But I would have had serious trouble narrowing it down. So, since it is my birthday, and I get to do what I want, I took the easy way out.

*This post is part of the "30 Day Song Challenge". Day 15 is "A song that describes you". I am using the prompts listed here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment